Welcome everyone to the wrestling news & rumors for July 10 2015!
- WrestleZone.com has posted an article asking if WWE prepared Donald Trump for politics and a few videos of Superstars at Comic Con.
- CM Punk hopes to have his first UFC fight in December or January. In an interview with UFC.com, Punk stated:
“I say this all the time: I’d love to fight tomorrow, but I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be and I will be. I’m still shooting for December. It might be January. I’m not sure, but I’ll be ready when I fight. I don’t ask my coaches, ‘How did I do today? Am I ready?’ They say, ‘Come back at 7’ and I come back at 7. They tell me to mop, I mop. They tell me to sweep, I sweep. If they tell me to work the mitts or come in and work extra, I do it.”
- Eva Marie posted an image to Instagram showing that she was filming a commercial for WWE 2K16
- Sabu was told to retire by his Doctors. Sabu ignored the suggestion and flew to Europe to work some more shows.
- The Rock has announced that HBO has picked up BALLERS for another season.
- Davey Richards did not work the Evolve show he was scheduled for. This was due to the fact that he was knocked unconscious in a match against Chance Prophet at the ASW independent wrestling event.
- Lucha Underground producer Eric Van Wagenen was interviewed on the Steve Austin Unleashed Podcast and noted that the future of LU on El Rey was uncertain. Though El Rey wants to ring Lucha Underground back for more episodes, there is an issue with the finances.
- @MLW reported that former Executive Vice President of Content Lisa Fox Lee was fired from her position where she reported directly under Vince McMahon. Lee was originally hired to WWE in 2005 and was part of the “Stephanie McMahon Regime”. While employed she was in charge of overseeing the development and distribution of WWE programming across all platforms, and overseeing the WWE creative team.
- WWE Tough Enough competitors will be at Raw this coming week. WWE posted a video of the competitors reacting to the news on their Vine.