Holy hell, what a news day everyone! Welcome to the Wrestletoys Wrestling News July 24 2015.
- Ok, so the top news story of the day, HULK freakin HOGAN has been blacklisted (no pun intended) from the WWE – yup, he got the Benoit treatment, for now at least. WWE issued the following statement regarding Hulk Hogan: “WWE has terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as evidenced by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide. “
- MediaTakeout.com writes:”After listening to the tape, which is DISGUSTING, there can be NO DOUBT that Hulk Hogan is a racist . . . at the level of the KU KLUX KLAN.”
- Various celebrities and Superstars have released quotes on the Hulk Hogan racism issue:
- George Foreman : “I have known Hulk Hogan for well over 20 years. I do not condone the language he used, but he is no racist, he is a good guy. He is a friend of mine. We have hung out together and we have even been in the ring together. I consider him a friend.”
- Roddy Piper: “With Hulkster, I don’t agree with all his choices, you know what, I don’t hear people saying all the great things he does. When he was on the Wheaties’ Box, all those kids that said their prayers and took their vitamins. I don’t hear them saying that. They just want to nail this. I just think it is a little… I think everybody needs to get a life. I don’t think that anybody should just go to hurt your feelings for no reason.”
- Mark Henry “Unfortunately, I’m getting hounded today by media regarding my thoughts and experiences with Hulk Hogan. I’d prefer not to be thrust into this, but as the requests have been significant I feel I have a responsibility to make a statement of some sort. At a minimum to ease my personal burden regarding this topic.We all know that we have history as it relates to the company, me and this unfortunate subject matter of racial slurs and prejudices. I don’t want to and will not re-hash that, but I do want people to know that I do not condone racist behavior or speech of any manner. Again, I do not plan to speak on what happened in the past, but I would like to offer this statement about the current situation and events that hit the news today.
I’m disappointed in the comments made by Terry Bollea (Hulk Hogan). I’ve known Terry a very long time as both a work colleague and as someone I consider a friend. I’m hurt and offended that he expressed his feelings in the manner and tone that was presented on the tape. I am however, pleased that WWE took swift action in response to his comments and I support the position the organization is taking on this matter: a no tolerance approach to racism.”
- Daniel Bryan: “I’ve never seen that side of him and it’s crazy, all this stuff, like I just …the first time I heard about it was an interview about 20 minutes ago, because I’ve been doing book-signing stuff like all day [laughs]. Yesterday, I got back to my hotel room at about 10-or-11-o’clock last night and then I woke up this morning just in time to start doing phoners, and everyone is like, ‘Hey! What do you think about this thing with Hulk Hogan?’ I’m like, ‘Wait, what thing? What are you talking about?’ And like, I had no idea. So, yeah, not in any of my dealings with him.”
- The rumor going around regarding Hulk Hogan’s replacement for Tough Enough is that Ric Flair will be replacing the Legend.
- Vince McMahon has been skipping the Tuesday night Smackdown Tapings in favor of Tough Enough. He and Kevin Dunn have been on hand for Tough Enough since its debut.
- CM Punk was interviewed by MMAFighting.com, and had a bunch to say regarding his name, training, and upcoming UFC fight. He also spoke of his wife, former WWE Diva AJ Lee, Rajah.com sums it up nicely : Punk’s wife — AJ Lee (April Jeanette Mendez-Brooks) — was present during the interview, appearing on-camera for a cameo, as Punk spoke about her departure from World Wrestling Entertainment. Punk noted that he didn’t watch WWE while he worked there, and continued to miss the program, outside of watching his wife’s segments, after he parted ways with the promotion.He also mentioned that his wife was working somewhere she loved while employed by WWE, but there were people there making it hard for her to work there. He called it a crappy situation but did say he would support her if she ever decided she wanted to go back.
- Possible SummerSlam spoiler: Dolph Ziggler is scheduled to return the Raw before SummerSlam. He is currently filming WWE Studios’ 6:42.
- Bully Ray has finished up with Impact Wrestling. He noted that he was unhappy with the direction of the company and he would not be returning.
- Kurt Angle on who he would like his retirement match to be against: “Epic matches in the future? The first that comes to mind is Daniel Bryan. He is Shawn Michaels reborn. I would love to retire against a wrestler I believe has won over the hearts of millions of fans. How did he win their hearts? He’s that good. Give me 30 minutes with Daniel Bryan and I will give you the match of the century.”
- 2K Sports has been sharing that WWE 2K16 will feature the largest roster in WWE video game history, with over 120 unique playable characters.
Confirmed so far are “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Paige, Bad News Barrett and Eva Marie.
Gamestop Italy has leaked 5 new characters for the game that have not been previously announced:
- Andre The Giant
- Triple H
- The Rock
- Alexa Bliss
WWE 2K16 will be released in late October.