Video Version available here:
Hello Everyone, and welcome to the Wrestling News for July 27 2015! It looks like the Hulk Hogan controversy is still making up the majority of headlines out there, but let’s dig in and see what else is happening. (Links in posts lead to the WWE Wrestling Action Figures listed for sale on Amazon)
- John Cena broke his nose during the main event against Seth Rollins on Monday Night Raw. It happened when Seth delivered a knee to the face. We will see how long before that move is banned. Cena finished the match by defeating Seth Rollins via submission while the announces acted like Cena was the greatest person in the history of the world.
May have broke Cena’s nose. pic.twitter.com/SldC7f0vpe
— DTAM (@DeathToAllMarks) July 28, 2015
- Daniel Bryan was interviewed by Sports Illustrated, here is a snippet where he discusses the McMahon’s inspiring him:
“Paul’s very in touch with what’s going on in the world. He also sees the changes that wrestling needs to make to be more viable to more people. I would never describe myself as a genius, but I am not afraid to follow people who are geniuses, who know more than me about certain things. He’s just very creative, very smart, and on top of things. People say that Paul Heyman is a genius, and the same can be said about Vince McMahon. Paul and Vince just have different ideas.”
- WWE Diva and Total Divas Reality Star Paige will be the guest on the Stone Cold Podcast airing on the WWE Network next Monday after Raw.
- WWE has announced that WWE Summerslam will run 4 hours this year.
- Ring of Honor will be back on Pay Per View on 09/18 for All Star Extravaganza VII
- CM Punk got into a verbal altercation with a fan: “I’m on the Stage, Bitch. Get the Fuck off”
- Cryptic tweets by Adam Rose have led many to believe that Leo Kruger will be joining the Wyatt Family. Rose has been tweeting photos of himself as Kruger, looking like a perfect fit for the Wyatt Family.
- Nikki Bella on Hulk Hogan Issue:
“We just love to celebrate individuals who come from different walks of life. At WWE alone, we have such a diverse set of talent, of employees, of fans and you know, that’s one of the things that makes WWE so unique and not only WWE but Total Divas.Look at our cast [on Total Divas]. Our cast, very diverse and you know, everyone’s from a different background, different nationality, and I think that’s what makes our show so interesting…as you see all these girls from different backgrounds come together and empower women.”
- Jim Ross on Hogan issue:
“Hulk Hogan remains in the news and is likely to continue to do so until another celebrity story breaks. Hulk arguably would be helped if he laid low on Twitter for a few weeks. Hopefully Hulk has retained PR professionals, a sensitivity training expert and he decides to stop trying to rehabilitate his image on social media at least for the time being. I am a big believer in forgiveness and have no reason to believe that Hogan can’t or won’t be forgiven in time if he goes about it in a sincere, thought out manner. Even if some believe that Hulk did nothing wrong, his public image, of which he earns a living, has taking the big leg drop and it needs rehabilitated.In my years of dealing with Hogan I never knew of him being a racist or having racist behavior. I can’t read his mind or look into his soul but can only respond to what I’ve personally witnessed and that is I would never earmark him as being racist based on my interactions with him.No matter how one comments on this hot button issue, many will disagree. That’s fine as long as the dialog remains civil which is often times impossible to achieve on social media platforms such as Twitter.”
- RadarOnline has released more transcripts from the Hulk Hogan file:
Hogan said:“F*cking n******… he had Jamie Foxx coming in on the 22nd track.”“I didn’t even tell Brooke about it. F*ck her. Brooke and [name withheld] met in Miami. Brooke f*cks up a ten million dollar deal I had with the Saudis. Brooke says, ‘F*ck you dad.’ She’s never said that. She flipped a bird at me.I have this huge f*cking house in Miami. My family never comes home. They went to LA. F*ck ’em.”
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, as The Terminator, will be a playable character in WWE 2K16 for those that Pre-Order the Video Game.