Welcome everyone to the wrestling news for August 6 2015.
As usual, links WWE Superstar names have been linked to their Wrestling Action Figures on Amazon. We appreciate you using our links to make your wrestling figure purchases!
- WWE.com has broke the news that WWE Diva Rosa Mendes is pregnant and will be having a baby girl in February 2016.
Rosa on her future in WWE: “This baby has really motivated me and inspired me. I look at powerful moms like Stephanie McMahon. She’s a mother of three and she does it all, and her kids are bright and intelligent. So, this has truly motivated me. And, I look at my accomplishments — I’m a WWE Diva, I’m an entrepreneur and now I’m going to have the most important job in the world, being a mother and giving this baby an amazing life.”
- After WWE Tough Enough dropped to an all time low in the ratings, John Cena has been advertised to be on the show next week.
- There are talks within WWE about introducing Divas Tag Team Championship Belts.
- Dave Meltzer let out a portion of the pitch to WWE’s lead writers regarding the proposed Brock Lesnar gay character:
“[Brock] is physically dominant, has impeccable credentials concerning believability, and because he is new and relatively unknown, his character can be crafted easily. His ascension could also raise the scores of other Superstars with whom he feuds. The following possible scenario to increase Brock’s ability to grow the industry is radical. It’s unprecedented and may appear crazy at first. There are risks involved, but if it works, it has Austin/McMahon like potential. The solution: Turn Brock Gay.Everything else about him stays the same. He’s pushed in a traditional babyface manner. He’s not the stereotypical Billy/Chuck character. He’s Brock. He continues to annihilate people. He’s just gay. It has to be presented as completely real, especially in the beginning.”
- The Cena vs. Rollins “Title vs. Title — Winner Take All” match scheduled for this year’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, which takes place on Sunday, August 23rd, is set to be the beginning in a long-term feud between the two. Current plans see the two facing each other at WWE Live events through September. WWE will be using Seth Rollins to sell Anti-Cena T-Shirts as seen this past week on Raw.
- Looks like Lana is moving over for Eva Marie. Dave Meltzer reports in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE is looking to tone down on Lana’s television time to make room for Eva Marie, despite the fact that Lana has been recently featured in storylines and is obviously a very popular television character. As can bee seen in Total Divas, Eva Marie has been training hard after being mocked by fellow Divas and the WWE Universe for her lack of skills in the ring. WWE higher ups want to take this fact and spin it into a storyline of triumph which will result in Eva Marie being one of the cornerstones of the DivasRevolution.A recent clip released by WWE.com teased that Lana has been working on her own in ring work and that she too will soon be a force to be reckoned with.
- “The Submission Sorority,” the team name for the babyface trio of Paige, Charlotte and Becky Lynch, is also the name of an adult website. WWE quickly found out about this after mentioning the name on RAW this past Monday night. The current frontrunner for name replacements is “The Submission Sisters.”There were some discussions about giving the group the name “Horsewomen,” however the belief was that it could be seen as stepping on Ronda Rousey’s toes, and/or be a blatant ripoff of a pretty well established name. It looks as though the Submission Sorority has tapped out.
Thank you very much for checking out Wrestling News August 6 2015 Edition – JoJoe